The Place is a community hub in the heart of Thorpe St Andrew for all ages.
To keep upto date with events at The Place please like our Facebook page (click here) or just pop in when we are open (opening times are below)
• A safe and welcoming place for anyone to drop in for a drink and cake: a good way to connect and chat with others in the community. If you prefer you can just sit in the relaxed environment, read the paper or a book, or do an activity alongside others.
• Young People’s after school drop-in: a lively place to get a drink and snacks on the way home from school, to meet with friends or make new ones, play games or chat. There are groups that you can opt into from time to time, such as improving self-esteem, arts and crafts, exploring faith.
• Craft groups: social groups to meet other women in the community and learn different crafts. The crafts are always appropriate for people of all abilities and includes Knit and Natter.
• Exhibitions: the exhibition space is used to promote local artists and craftspeople, as well as providing other exhibitions of local interest. The arts and crafts are usually for sale. Please make enquiries if you would like to show your work.
• A place for those seeking support or advice: we can offer someone to talk to about issues you may have or signpost you to services that could be of benefit. You can make an appointment to meet with a trained debt counsellor. We have some volunteers who are experienced in supporting people who are bereaved, struggling with emotional issues or have mental health difficulties. We have access to our own “food store” for those in immediate need of food.
• Prayer space: different spaces are available (quiet space, creative space, interactive space) to give you the opportunity for some personal reflection. A volunteer is available to pray for you or a loved one if this is what you would find helpful.
• Look out for our special events: events are advertised in the window at the place and on the Gateway Vineyard website. Events at the place include community lunches, breakfasts and cream teas depending on the season. There are posters advertising other events around the community.
The Place, 61 Spinney Road, Thorpe St Andrew, Norwich, NR7 0PL.